The 2020 Federation Show has been cancelled due to the outbreak of COVID-19. We’re so sorry!
The schedule for the Federation Show details every class available in the various sections – Homeskills, Handcrafts, Bulbs, as well as the Co-operative Exhibit Section which teams of members of one Institute work on to produce a display on the allocated theme within boards of predetermined dimensions. There are also classes for teenagers, intermediate members and seniors.
You can find the 2021 Federation Show schedule here.
How to enter
The easiest way to submit entries is online but you may also email the Federation Show Convenor [email protected]. Entries will be welcomed between the schedule being distributed to Institutes and the 7th January preceding the Show. Submit entries here
- All exhibits must be the bona fide work of Angus SWI members
- Exhibits must not previously have been entered in a Federation Show
- Members may only enter exhibits from one Institute
- Members may submit entries to more than one class
- Members cannot enter more than one exhibit in any class
- All exhibits must have the correct entry label securely attached
- The judges’ decisions will be regarded as final
- A novice is someone who has not previously won a place in the Homeskills or Handcrafts section (the Centenary Trophy is awarded to a novice in the Homeskills section one year and the Handcrafts section the next).
- Entrants to the senior classes must be 65 years of age by the 31st December prior to the show
- Entrants to the intermediate section should not have been a member of the SWI for more than 5 years
- Co-operative exhibits boards must be within 91cm wide, 68cm deep (external measurements). 10 points will be deducted for boards out with these measurements
Tips for showing
We have a few useful tips to help you show your entries to their best potential here.